Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Daniel Was Here


Yesterday Kathy and I cleaned some upstairs windows, and lookie what we found.

Scratched into the putty on the outside of the uppermost window was this: "Daniel Bergerac 73"

I'm assuming here that Daniel was Lucie Bergerac's brother, and that this was his room. (Lucie's childhood bedroom was across the hall, in what is now my home office.) We do know that the Bergerac family lived here in the 1970s, and that father Raymond Bergerac was the first to operate a restaurant in the house.

I'll ask Lucie. She still lives in the area and we really need to have her over for lunch.

2 comments:

  1. That would have been me. I remember so clearly breaking the window while trying to remove it. The glass man said, "go ahead kid no one will ever see it." Only took 33 years to be discovered. Daniel Bergerac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you, Daniel. We promise not to paint over it.

    ReplyDelete