Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pooowwwer Toools!!!


You know the old saying, "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail?"

I've got a new one: When you buy a brand new power nail gun, absolutely everything around you needs 7000 nails in it. 

Can I get an amen? Kathy and I tried installing the first piece of bead board today and it was miserable. It's tough holding an 8-foot sheet of bendy board over your head at a 45-degree angle and trying to nail it into place with medieval tools like a hammer. We hadn't even finished the first piece when Kathy said, "I think there's a trip to Home Depot in our very near future."

Guys, when your wife gives you permission -- nay, encourages you -- to buy new power tools you don't complain. This is just one reason I love my wife.

An hour later, we were back in business, up in the bathroom, air compressor humming, and shiny new nail gun spitting #18 brads like a machine pistol. Lord Almighty, this thing is wonderful. Got any floorboards coming loose at your house? Call me, 'cause I'd really like to drive some #18 nails into it. Leaky water heater? I got just the nail gun for that. Cat needs to be fixed? I'm your man.

Hey, you know that weird news story about the guy who shot a nail into his head and lived? I wonder if that would work...

No comments:

Post a Comment